Julip Easter Diorama

Over on J-Club there is an Easter diorama competition running for Julip models. I had a little play yesterday to see what I could come up with...


I wrote a quick description to go with it and got a little carried away...

"Bonnie has come up with a scheme to clean out the tack room by flogging off anything that wasn't labelled with a name - she might have been a little too thorough as I think we can spot Pumpkin's rug and one of Burley's in there and they have only taken them off to be hacked to the show.... Her dalmation watches Wicken the terrier sneakily go through the bin and judges him for his poor public behavior! Annabel is wishing she'd never offered to judge the children's pony classes, she can't keep track of the trophies and someone has stolen all the pink rosettes? Plus there are some VERY competitive parents out there, although the little girls who are sharing Pumpkin are actually quite sweet. Burley feels it is unfair that a pretty mare like her has all blue rugs (although not for long, if Bonnie's business venture takes off) and has stolen all the "ladylike" rosettes to make up for it. Kate is running the lucky dip and competition to win the chocolate horse, suspiciously donated by an anonymous benefactor, potentially chewed by mice and/or melted by the cup of tea Annabel left under it (which she WISHES she could find...)! In the carry box Bumble the rabbit waits for the petting zoo to open that afternoon, ready to savage some innocent children if they come too close."


Like I've said before, I wish I still had backgrounds for my scenes. I used to print them on the college A3 printer (which I paid to use so it didn't seem so bad) but now my only option for that is at work, or A4 at my mum's. My existing ones all got damp when I moved house and went a bit runny...

P.S. For anyone concerned about the welfare of the chocolate horse, I'd just completed his basecoat when I started on the diorama and had been joking how he looked like Dairy Milk... So he fitted right in :)

Comments

Popular Posts