Lakes Live 2017

Unbelievably it's July again which means time for the Lake District Live show!

It's not quite as extreme as all those hobbyists currently travelling to Breyerfest but still required an early start.
A post shared by caitlin (@imprecisemagic) on
Stacey, Nicky & family had done a fab job with the hall as ever.

They'd also chosen beautiful rosettes:
Check out the special pawprint rosettes for Pets!
We started with Spares, of course. I'll introduce newbie Supernova soon :)

Then first up were the mould and colour-themed classes.
Spirited Away/Ginger, owned by Heather
Heather's jumping horse restoration.
Christine's Welsh Pony, who only wears pink...
...and has a heart on her nose <3
The colour class championship
Silvermind won reserve champ! Good boy.
Next up were scene classes, starting with "Something Scary". Due to work going pretty much insane the week before the show, I didn't feel any of my entries were complete enough to take. I still enjoyed seeing everyone else's wonderful creations though.
Yep, tractors are definitely scary.
The bay horse may be OK with skips, but...
...the grey isn't going to go near it!
On close inspection, Christine's first scene contains an actual scary monster.
But her second entry of a vets' bill was far more terrifying in my opinion!
The next class was themed "Fundraising". We had sales, ponies at work and a (tasteful) nude calendar.







I think the teabags actually contained tea. Don't tell me if it's not true.
The Pet classes ran simultaneously in lots of mini showrings which worked really well. Elli's graduating dog won champion for the section. 

The next section was fun and ridden classes.
Jan's Welsh pony is so pretty.
A much deserved winner in "Best Dressed".


My entry into the conga class. I don't have lots of any particular mould or colour - but I do have lots of tack and tack boxes.
Stacey's famous Dartmoor conga.

I nearly missed the supreme championship because I was outside looking at the view. 

Thank you Stacey & family for another fabulous day in the Lake District! See you next year.





Comments

Popular Posts