1/24th scale updates

I got into model horses when I was a kid via My Beautiful Horses. Once I started "collecting" models, I spent a while trying to find the ones I was missing, but I stopped a few years ago. Last month one of the sets I'd always really wanted came up on eBay, though, so I added to this collection for the first time in ages.

These horses are from the "Black Beauty Giftset", so of course they're Ginger, Black Beauty and Merrylegs!



I think Merrylegs is one of my favourite MBH models. He has a lovely fleabitten grey paint job. All three models are more detailed than a lot of later releases, so I was especially pleased to get hold of them.


The set also had all its original accessories:


I also got two new CollectA models on my favourite moulds, but they aren't going to stay these colours - hopefully they'll be repainted this Christmas (although going on how busy I am already, it seems unlikely...).


Finally, I'd told myself I'd enter some of my models into a photoshow this year and I got around to it! Some of my CTF horses went into the MHL show and my OF CollectA Dartmoor even got a 1st place. I only really wanted to practice taking the photos and getting the details right, so it feels like a good start :)


Comments

Popular Posts